Media & Related Information
Click on the links below to read related media coverage and additional analysis.
- Cardinal says church will fully fund pension plan – (April 2, 2011)
- Cardinal reaffirms commitment to lay pension plan – (April 1, 2011)
- State's pension costs on the rise – The Boston Globe (March 20, 2011)
- Former employees to receive pension cash out figures – The Boston Pilot (February 18, 2011)
- Patrick proposal would reshape public pensions – The Boston Globe (January 19, 2011)
- Archdiocese to Freeze Pension Plan – The Boston Globe (December 12, 2010)
- The Crisis in Local Government Pensions in the United States (October 13, 2010)
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts Public Employees Retirement Administration Commission: State of the Pension System 2009
According to financial experts, retirement income should come from three sources — pension plans such as the RCAB Pension Plan, Social Security, and personal savings. Understanding how these three sources work together and examining their retirement needs can help employees determine if they have properly planned for your retirement – and help them prepare so they won't have a retirement gap.